We’re immensely proud to have invented a method that enables the rim of the cup to be rolled INSIDE the cup mould.
dexter MT launches Rim Rolling In Mould (RRIM)
Rolling the rims of plastic cups is a well-known problem. Up to now, an extra production step has been needed to produce the rolled rim. That cost additional time and money.
Our very latest innovation solves a problem that was thought to be unsolvable. Rim Rolling In Mould produces a rolled rim on a cup in one step. We’re immensely proud to have invented a method that enables the rim of the cup to be rolled INSIDE the cup mould.
There are many reasons why RRIM is more convenient and more cost-effective:
- No need to invest in an extra production step – resulting in significant savings.
- The extra production machine needed for rim rolling takes up a lot of space – this space can now be used for something else.
- Rims could only be rolled on round products. We can now roll any shapes – even square, triangular or a combination of these.
- You benefit logistically because the cup is ready straight away – no more intermediate handling required.
- The mould is operated in the machine so there is no additional equipment to learn.
- The outer dimensions of the cup are calibrated. Because the closing dimensions are fixed, the cups fit lids of any film thickness.
How does RRIM work?
- The mould is installed on all standard tilting machines.
- The machine doesn’t need to be specially adapted.
- RRIM is available for all shapes including square and rectangular.
- The rim can be rolled in different styles such as flat or open.
- RRIM can be used with any materials.
- Cycle time is the same or marginally shorter because the rims are rolled during the cup moulding process.
- The cups have fixed, calibrated outside dimensions regardless of the film thickness used.
- The equipment does not have to be adjusted for different film thicknesses.
- Cups can also be produced without a rolled rim.